LOS ANGELES, CA (BDCi) -- Hello, Fashionistas! The Fall season started very well for those who like their weather warm instead of chilly. Sometimes we still think we’re enjoying the summer here in L.A. but believe or not it's fall and time for some serious wardrobe change.
On this post, I am sharing the five most wanted pieces this season. My picks are based on the trends chosen by the top magazine editors and contributors.
Are you ready?
1. Perfect Parkas - I love these. They just
came back this season. They’re perfect for chilly weather and they’re super trendy. A parka is a longer piece that works like a jacket but it's lighter, cozier and has a great slimming effect. I think it makes a pretty sporty piece.
2. Cat Fever - Well, the theme might remind you of Halloween, but cats and feline references are very much in right now. Doesn't matter if it's jewelry, cat silhouettes, T-shirts or any piece with a cat print on it, look around: It’s all over the place. So cute and easy to wear you won't believe it.
3. Peplum Pieces – Hmm, this trend is gorgeous. Like I said before, it never went away, even after summer’s gone. No wonder, it’s so classy and beautiful. So get your peplum pieces out of the closet again, keep using them. And if you haven't bought yours yet, you should get one, it's absolutely gorgeous and accentuates the waist you want to address.
4. Sweatshirts - Personally, this isn’t my favorite but it seems to please girls, women and most ladies. It's a very fall piece, very casual and, with your touch, a little chic, too. This one is a sweater-like shirt; it's so easy to wear that it becomes a must-have in your closet. That's why I've chosen to include it on this list. It looks really nice with super-tight pants and straight-leg denim because it's more of a loose-looking shirt. Check the pictures and create your own style. The sweatshirt can be found in all department stores and online, too. Super affordable! If you want to stand out, put a collar neck blouse under it and you will be sure to look stylish.
5. Deluxe Leather - Now we’re talking! I love leather and now that it’s super affordable to wear, why not use and abuse it? Fall is the perfect season to use this fabric. Keep in mind that leather won't keep you warm. It's more of a trend than a protective fashion piece. You can find leather pieces with fur inside, which are also nice. So ladies, leather is no longer limited to pants, vests and heavy jackets. Now you can get beautiful T-shirt silhouettes, A-line skirts, and every kind of piece you can imagine. So don't be afraid to look chic in leather. Go for it!!
Now go shop or even pull out what you’ve got in your closet that might be like the pieces I’ve suggested.
I hope you enjoy the choices in this week's Fashion Spotlight!
See you guys next week with more FASHION TIPS!
By Giselle Claudino
Edited by Janete Weinstein and Edward Pollard
Source: Bazaar.com, In Style, Fashion alert.
Photos: Google images, Bazaar, In style.
October 23, 2012